How to create a Bootable USB Disk:
A common use of a bootable USB flash drive is to use it for booting into Windows. This can allow you to perform diagnostics on a computer that has hardware issues or can’t boot into Windows. You can also use the flash drive to install Windows, instead of using the Windows installation CD. You might face any virus attack on your PC or laptop and your device refuse to boot or any other mishapping with computer occur. Then this bootable USB drive become very handy rather the creating a backup DVD .
How to create a Bootable USB Disk
Firstly you need a working Windows installed computer to make your USB bootable,Â you can use your friend’s device if you don’t have a windows installed computer.Â And you need a USB stick at-least with 4 GB storage capacity.
How to create a Bootable USB Disk for Windows 8
- You need to download the Windows Installation Media Creation Tool and run it you can download it from here.
- Select the Language from the first drop-down menu.
- Then select the Edition of Windows you want to install. Your choices are: Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 N, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro N and Windows 8.1 Single Language.
- In the third drop-down menu next to Architecture choose whether you want a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the OS. If your computer has less than 3GB RAM, then pick 32-bit. If it has more than 3GB RAM, pick 64-bit. If you need to see which version you’re running right now, right click on My Computer and select Properties. There, you’ll see the information you need under Windows Edition and System type respectively.
- Click Next.
- Plug in a USB drive to your computer. Make sure that it has at least 4GB space. If there’s any important data on the drive, create a backup as this process will erase the pen drive completely.
- Now you’ll be asked to choose where to save the ISO file. Choose USB flash drive.
- Click Next.
- You’ll see a list of USB drives connected to your computer. Select your pen drive from the list and click Next.
- Now the Media Creation Tool will begin downloading the ISO straight to your pen drive. When the download completes, click Finish.
How to create a Bootable USB Disk for Ubuntu
Firstly you have to download ISO file of ubuntu. Then need a USB drive with 4 GB of storage. Now download universal USB installer. Install itÂ and follow the instructions.
1.Run Universal USB installer and select Linux distributer as ubuntu.
2.Browse the folder where ISO file is stored and select it.
3.Select your USB drive and click create then wait for few minutes and then its done.